Thursday, May 9, 2013

Come on Eileen

So this song has been another one of my favorites for a long time. I can never really tell what he was saying half the time, so when I try to sing along, it comes out sounding like complete gibberish. Anyway, this song is by Dexys Midnight Runners and it won the Best British Single in 1983 at the Brit Awards. I think one of the reasons I like it so much is because of the Celtic style fiddle playing at the beginning. This song is actually about this guy wanting to "get it on" with Eileen. I never really knew what this song was about (because I can't understand what he is singing) but when I looked up the lyrics, it was kind of a disappointment. This song could've had a much deeper meaning, but hey, it's still an excellent song and the meaning isn't all that bad ;) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This song always brings back memories. Weird memories. Very very weird memories.

    ReplyDelete