Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How Soon Is Now?

How Soon Is Now is a song that has a meaning to me. The lyrics talk about someone who is shy and socially awkward. "I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar, I am the son and heir of nothing in particular". This line shows how everyone feels at some point in their lives, how we can all feel shy and not connected to anyone, not noticed, and even not important. I think we've all been there. This song was released January 28th, 1985, by the British alternative rock band, The Smiths. I was searching through my parents vast CD collection and came across their "Singles" album. So I listened to it and immediately recognized this song. It has a very "80's" feel to it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this song Lexi! I just looked it up and its one of those songs that you just want to lay there and zone out to! Beautiful! Thank you for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete