Monday, February 18, 2013

I'm Watching You..

Every breath you take, I'll be watching you. How creepy can you get?! This song was created by Sting, the singer of the popular band, The Police. If you actually listen to the lyrics, it's really a creepy song. Even Sting said "I think the song is very, very sinister and ugly and people have actually misinterpreted it as being a gentle, little love song."  It is about a dubious character who watches someone 24/7, and somehow this song turned into one of the iconic lover's songs of today. I guess it's the chord progression or something... who knows? The music video gets me every time I watch it. That one part when he turns to the camera and says "I'll be watching you..." ahhhhh *shivers*. The video actually has a really cool black and white perspective. Anyway, Every Breath you Take is one of those songs that everyone knows, even if it is misinterpreted as a beautiful love song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment